There are a lot of reasons why gray hair can turn yellow. Here are a few of them below.
- Genetics. Variations in a different gene can cause yellow hair color. Your family genetics history can make yellowing better.
- Different researches on hair discoloration have revealed that hair can “bleach” due to medications, drugs, and diet. Yellowing may stop when treatment is completed.
- Excess heat can also change hair color, so it is advisable to use hairstyling products with built-in heat protection to avoid it.
- Bad air and pollution can cause a lot of problems for your hair. Yellowing is not an exception. A cleaner environment usually means your hair will look better.
- Some kinds of shampoos can cause hair color to yellow and fade. Buy shampoo that has a blue or violet color to neutralize the yellow tones and keep your hair grey.
Hope this helps!