You can straighten your black hair without heat and relaxer. But be ready that final results can differ depending on the texture of your hair and technique you use.
Here is my instruction on how to straighten hair without heat and relaxer:
- Wash your hair. Choose shampoos and conditioners specially designed to straighten hair. Avoid volumizing ones that add curls.
- Smooth your hair with a liquid-setting lotion (avoid creamy lotions). Distribute the lotion from the root to tip using a fine-toothed comb.
- Segment two sections of hair from the front of your hair. Roll these segments towards the back of your head using two large rollers.
- Brush the rest of your hair. While you brush, use one hand to smooth the hair as you go.
- Dry your hair. Apply a silk hair bonnet around your head. Use clips to tightly hold bonnet on your hair. Sleep with it.
- When your hair is dry, brush it again.