Hi there! If you are reading this, I bet you are going to purchase a hair straightening brush and looking for the best one.
Before I bought my first hair brush straightener, I couldn’t understand why something so insignificant could make people so thrilled. And then I got it! That’s why today I’d like to share my experience with you and tell about best electric hair brushes out of those I’ve tested.
I promise you will be amazed how quickly you can change your hairstyle and how little effort it takes! This device will change not only your hairstyle but also a lifestyle.
By the way, these devices have come in extremely handy in my house. After testing them I keep my favorite Head Kandy and Revlon.
- 1 Why Are These the Best Hair Straightening Brushes in 2019?
- 2 11 Best Hair Brush Straighteners: Let’s Take a Closer Look
- 3 Products from Amazon.com
- 4 How to Choose the Right Straightening Brush For my Hair Type?
- 5 FAQ and Tips for Using Electric Hair Brushes
- 5.1 How to straighten my hair as fast as possible?
- 5.2 What are brush straighteners made of?
- 5.3 Can I use my electric hair brush in other countries besides the USA?
- 5.4 What’s the difference between a flat iron and an electric straightening brush?
- 5.5 How to use a straightening brush?
- 5.6 Does this brush work for my hair type?
- 5.7 What’s the purpose of the ionization?
- 5.8 Can I use a straightening brush for short hair?
- 6 Products from Amazon.com
Why Are These the Best Hair Straightening Brushes in 2019?
My list of the best hair straightening brushes is based on objective features rather than my personal preferences.
I have taken into account such technical characteristics as:
- Speed of heating up.
- Maximum temperature.
- Surface material.
- Price range and reviews.
Let me explain why all these things should be considered if you’re going to purchase a hair straightening brush.
- First of all, there is the speed of heating up. I suppose it’s obvious — the faster your brush straightener warms up, the less time you need to make a hairstyle you want. The average time of heating up is about a minute, but for some models, it takes 30 seconds or so.
- The maximum temperature is also an important feature which determines whether the straightening brush fits for thick and coarse hair or not. Almost all models in my list can reach up to 450℉ which means that they work really well on thick curly locks which are hard to tame.
- The brush surface can be ceramic or tourmaline. These materials are both safe and effective for straightening. They make hair smooth and silky due to a process of ionization (I will talk about it later). Other options for the brush surface are iron and plastic, but models with the iron coating were considered dangerous and withdrawn from the market. So I recommend you to choose between ceramic hair straightening brushes as they are safe and good for your locks.
- Some models come with a swivel cord which allows you to rotate the straightening brush at different angles and provides the better access to the roots. It’s a kind of feature that is common for professional hair straightening brushes. Cordless hair brush straighteners are also quite handy to use at home or to take on trips as you don’t even need a socket to plug it in.
- Finally, there are the price and the users’ opinion. Keep in mind that the original straightening brush can’t be cheap. If the price seems low for such useful tool it may be a fake. To avoid buying an imitation, pay attention to hair straightening brush reviews and purchase the tool if you’re sure that you can trust the shop or the seller.
11 Best Hair Brush Straighteners: Let’s Take a Closer Look
Let’s get down to business and find more about 11 brush straighteners which I consider the best:
1. Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer
Revlon has never failed us with their superb products, but with this brush, they’ve managed to do the impossible: it is simply a volumizer that works. The design is simple, and you won’t need to buy a box of brushes for all hair types with it. There’s just one brush made in a bit unusual oval shape that has a wholly ceramic coating and unique vents to make your drying quick and safe. The oval design lets you get straight to the roots providing extra lift, while the round edges smoothen the hair and fix the volume. The flexible bristles will also add to your hair routine comfort as they detangle hair almost effortlessly.
There are two heat and speed settings you can use depending on how much time you’re ready to spend on drying and styling your hair. There’s also a cool air mode for those who need to add just a few final touches or those who don’t want their hair getting hot-air treatment. Still, with this brush even using the hottest mode is completely safe thanks to the ionization technology and the quickness of the effect you get on your hair.
The Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer & Volumizer design is stunning: it’s very lightweight, and there’s nothing about it that does not keep up with its functions. The brush is a part of Revlon One-Step Styling collection that is designed for active people who don’t want to spend their precious time in hair salons but still care about how their hair looks.
2. Head Kandy Detangler Hair Straighter Brush
This professional electric hair straightening brush is considered to be the best on the market so far, that’s why I’ve started my top list with it. This tool is equipped with the anti-scald technology to protect your skin from burn and tourmaline ceramic plates to preserve your hair from drying. It has three temperature regimes and heats up to the maximum 450℉ which means this brush is suitable for all hair types.
Here’s a guide how to tell what type of hair you have
Tourmaline heated plates are meant to give you silky, smooth, and straight locks. And if you want curls, it’s not a problem either: Head Kandy 2.0 works as a curler as well. It heats up in 60 seconds so that you can proceed to create the desired hair style immediately.
It’s one of the best hair brush straighteners as it is a universal, time-saving tool for experimenting with different hairstyles and suitable for all types of hair: from thick to fine. Moreover, it protects your hair thanks to the latest technologies used.
What I still haven’t mentioned, it’s Head Kandy 2.0 design. Just take a glance at this beauty in lavender color and imagine how good it is going to look at your boudoir table. Besides, this hair straightening brush model is available in different colors. Lavender, pink, gold, silver, teal, mint, purple, black, and printed — just choose your favorite color and enjoy hair styling process to the fullest.
To know more about Head Kandy straightening brush 2.0, read my detailed review on it.
3. Gisala Hair Straightening Brush
Straightening your hair gets twice as fast with Gisala brush. It uses special metal ceramic heater technology to heat up in several seconds, and you will need less than ten minutes to style your hair — that depends only on your hair thickness. It offers nice brushing massage alongside smooth combing and never pulls your hair. Ceramic surface works excellent with damage hair and anti-static technology noticeably diminishes frizz, leaving your hair soft and glossy. The device is equipped with an auto-timer that turns it off after 30 minutes protecting it from overheat. Gisala suits most hair types, but don’t expect to straighten your curly hair to the very ends.
4. Dafni Brush Straightener
This ceramic straightening brush is 8 times faster than flat irons and will straighten unruly locks in only 5 minutes! It heats up in 15 seconds which is also really fast for such tool. Its ceramic coating and protective tips prevent your scalp from scalding and straight your hair from the roots to the ends. It works great for all hair types. You don’t need to divide it into sections — you can just brush it like with a regular comb, and your hair won’t get tangled. Dafni brush straightener will make your locks look shiny and healthy in a matter of minutes!
Take a look at my full review.
5. Kedsum Ceramic Straightening Brush
This miniature device will leave your hair glowing and bouncy after a couple of light and easy brushes. While managing all hair types, it doesn’t take the volume off of your locks. It takes less than a minute for it to heat all of its 23 unique heating elements. They dry out your hair and improve its looks, but the special teeth protect your hands and scalp from getting burnt. Six heat levels suit any hair type there is. The brush can heat up to the temperature of 265℉ to 395℉, the level displays on a unique crystal screen. Make sure to divide your hair into small portions before thorough brushing and stroke every section a few times. The size of Kedsum and its winding cable make it a top choice for travelers.
6. Glamfields Straightening Brush
Glamfields brush is your top choice for taming the most unruly chevelure. Its straightening technology seals the hair cuticles keeping the moisture inside. With the help of one such brush, you get rid of frizz and split ends, and emphasize the beauty of your hair in every way. Glamfields brush heats up within 30 seconds while saving up energy on every of its four temperature levels. The teeth are denser than on any other brush of this style which means it can handle the thickest hair in very little time. It has a compatible adapter and supports international dual voltage letting you straighten your hair and make it silky smooth even in the most remote parts of the world.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: Out of stock
7. Silking Hair Straightener Brush
The Silking brush is of a small size, but its capabilities are quite impressive. It has an international dual-voltage system, heats up quickly and is comfortable and agreeable to handle. The ionization function lets you eliminate hair frizz and knots making it look much healthier. There are four different temperature levels from 248˚F to 410˚F, which means that with it you can make any hair manageable and style it the way you like. The ceramic elements prevent hair damage even with the highest temperatures while the brush body is made from flame-retardant plastic. The safety is kept with the help of temperature lock and 30 minutes shut off functions.
8. Instyler Ceramic Straightening Brush
Instyler is a device with a digital LED that displays selected temperature. It has 7 heat settings from 330˚F to 450˚F, so this hairbrush straightener is suitable even for thick and frizzy locks. It heats up in a half-minute and maintains a constant temperature. Instyler has cool top ionic bristles which allow you to straighten the roots without burning. Heated plates distribute the heat across the surface evenly, so you can have glossy straight hair in a matter of minutes. For the better result, divide it into small sections and glide through each of them twice or more. Continue reading…
9. Sutra Heated Hair Brush
The Sutra ionic hair brush will straighten and smooth unruly locks quickly and without much effort. It takes a little time to heat up, and the maximum temperature is 450˚F. The selected temperature is maintained throughout the whole process of straightening which takes about 10 minutes. Sutra silicone tip bristles save you from burning your skin and make your hair glossy without using oil or some other products. Using this device isn’t time-consuming at all so it’s suitable even for women whose locks are hard to manage. Read more>>
10. Kingdom Cares Hair Straightener
Kingdom cares have produced this rectangular-shaped brush with anti-scald technology to make the brush straightening process even safer. It’s made of high-quality plastic materials that keep the surface temperature stable and protect your hands from burning. The ceramic pieces heat up during less than a minute with 110 V and ensure your hair smoothness and straightness. The straightening process is much quicker with the brush of this type, as it can manage larger portions of hair than the regular brushes do. The temperature is easily monitored with the help of liquid crystal display, and the rotating wire makes sure your brushing experience goes well at any angle.
11. ProCabello Ceramic Straightening Hair Brush
This heated straightener comb gives you straight, silky and shiny locks in a matter of minutes. The ceramic surface and rubber bristles protect you from burning as you’re using the tool. The ceramic tourmaline heaters of this brush will make your hair healthier due to moisturizing and antibacterial technology. ProCabello heats up to 450°F in less than a minute. The current temperature level is shown at the LED so you can select the required heat easily. This straightening brush will make unruly locks straight in only one pass, but you should divide it into small sections for the better result. Full review>>
How to Choose the Right Straightening Brush For my Hair Type?
As you have probably noticed from the hair straightening brushes reviews, many of them work for all types of hair pretty well. However, I’d like to give you some advice how to choose the best straightening brush depending on the type and the state of your locks.
First of all, you need to select the right level of heat:
- if you have thin hair, 210-350°F will be enough;
- for really thick and coarse one you will need a higher temperature of 250°-390°F;
- if your locks are normal, set the heat on the medium level — something between 230-375°F;
- Afro-American hair needs an electric hair brush that can reach a really high level of heat.
The second feature is the length. The longer locks are, the better the brush straightener works. Electric hair brushes don’t work well for short hair because of their oval shape. But there’s still a solution if you want to make your short hair straight with a brush straightener! The best straightener for short hair should be slim and rectangular-shaped. It reaches to the very roots and straightens each strand more efficiency due to its shape.
There are way more options for long hair. You can use almost any electric brush, but models with large heated plates are better for you. The only problem is that straightening may take a lot of time. But the final look is totally worth it especially if you’ve found a hair straightener brush which can tame your unruly locks.
For those who have thick or dense hair, I would recommend to section it out. The best hair straightener for thick hair should heat up to 400-450°F. It’s also a good option if a brush has sturdy tips so that they won’t fall off during your very first time using the tool.
The best straightener for thick curly, frizzy and wavy hair should also maintain a high level of heat to straighten your locks properly. The more bristles it has, the better and faster it works. But keep in mind that if there are too much of bristles, they might pull some hair out so be careful when using the tool.
Finally, I’d like to talk about making black hair straight. If you have natural black hair, it’s probably quite thick and may be curly. So, the professional straightening brush for black hair should be strong enough to make it straight — it should maintain the right temperature, have sturdy heated plates and bristles. Such tool will definitely work for the locks that are hard to manage.
I hope my advice could help you to find the best hair straightener that will make your look complete. You will probably need to try more than one before finding the right brush for your wild locks but remember that there is the perfect one for you anyway!
FAQ and Tips for Using Electric Hair Brushes
How to straighten my hair as fast as possible?
There are three main ways to straighten it:
- you can use a blow dryer,
- a flat iron or
- a straightening brush (which is the best way to make your unruly locks straight, glossy and shiny).
The brush straightener takes less time and energy than a flat iron, or a hair dryer does. The brush will also keep your hair healthy and won’t burn it. So, using the brush straightener is the fastest, easiest and healthiest way to straighten your locks.
What are brush straighteners made of?
The brush is usually made of metal, plastic or the fusion of synthetic materials. The best surface material is considered to be tourmaline or ceramic because a ceramic straightening brush reduces the static electricity. And ceramic, silicon or rubber tips will prevent your skin from burning.
Can I use my electric hair brush in other countries besides the USA?
It depends on whether your brush features 110v to 240v universal voltage or not. Some electric brushes are dual-voltage, this fact allows you to use it outside the USA, but most of these tools feature only 110v. To use them in Europe or other countries of the world you need a transformer. Also, you might need a plug-in adaptor for the power socket in case that your straightening brush doesn’t fit it.
So, although you might need some extra tools for your electric hair brush to work properly, you can use it outside the USA. And if you have dual voltage smart electric hair straightener which fits the power socket, there would be no problem at all!
What’s the difference between a flat iron and an electric straightening brush?
There are several differences between these tools:
- A flat iron brush straightens your locks several times faster than a straightening iron;
- after using an electric hair brush, your hairstyle will keep the volume;
- some heated hair brushes are good for your hair — they can seal the cuticles and reduce split ends;
- a brush straightener maintains the lower temperature than a flat iron, so the brush doesn’t damage hair so much;
- such brushes usually have special tips so you can’t get accidentally burned while using it;
- a straightening brush is easy to use and to carry around so you can take one wherever you go.
Read a detailed flat iron and brush straightener comparison.
How to use a straightening brush?
This brush is super easy to use. Here are 7 steps to straighten your unruly locks:
- Before using a brush hair straightener, you have to wash your hair and let it air dry.
- Comb it properly when it’s fully dry and be sure that it doesn’t have any tangles.
- Put some heat protectant on your locks so that it won’t be damaged by the heat.
- Section it into small strands.
- Plug the straightening brush in and select the required temperature.
- Wait till the tool is heated enough.
- Glide through the first strand slowly and repeat this 2-3 times.
- Continue to do the same thing with the rest strands until your hairstyle is perfect!
- As you can see, using the brush is pretty easy. It takes less time and effort as you get used to applying it.
Does this brush work for my hair type?
Most of the devices are suitable for all types of hair. You just need to adjust the temperature carefully — lower for the fine hair and higher for the coarse and thick hair. The brush works great for the curly, wavy and frizzy locks. In fact, there are so many brushes that are good at straightening any hair type that it’s hard to choose the best hair straightener for curly hair or the fine one. The straightening hair brush is also suitable for the hair that is slightly wavy or almost straight but keep in mind that in this case, the final outcome may be not so impressive. By the way, if you have really thick and dense locks which are pretty hardtop manage I highly recommend you to use some oil for the better result.
What’s the purpose of the ionization?
Some straightening brushes come with an ionizing function which makes your locks healthier! This technology closes the cuticles, reduces split ends and protects hair from different kinds of bacteria. Ionization also reduces static electricity contained in your locks after combing it with a regular brush. As a result, it gives you shiny and soft hair without using any extra products. So, straightening brushes with the ionizing function allow you to create as many hairstyles as you can imagine without worrying about the damaging your hair.
Can I use a straightening brush for short hair?
You definitely can, but keep in mind that this tool doesn’t work as good on short locks as it does on medium-length or long ones. Straightening brushes usually are oval-shaped and such shape doesn’t fit for short hair very well. I would recommend using a CHI iron for straightening short locks as it gets the job done.
Now you know that a brush straightener is really a thing!
So, I hope that you like this review and it was helpful — I’ve tried my best to tell you all I know about electric brushes that straighten hair. There are so many brands on the market that I can imagine how hard choosing the right one can be. It’s totally up to you, and I won’t advertise any particular brand. Let me just give you some final recommendations about using a brush straightener:
- Let your locks fully dry before straightening. Some sellers claim that you can apply their brush straightener on wet or almost dry hair either, but I wouldn’t recommend doing this. Because it is not so good for hair and it also might get pulled out or tangled. And this is not what you want from a hairbrush straightener, right?
- Don’t put any products on your locks before straightening. The only exception is thermal protection spray or argan oil which you definitely should use before every time you need to straighten your hair.
- Comb your locks with a regular brush properly and make sure that you don’t have any tangles or knots.
- Section it out in small strands and glide through each of them slowly. Repeat this 3-4 times for each section for the better result.
- Hold it tight to the surface of the hairbrush straightener so that heated plates work more efficiently.
- Keep in mind that the bristles and the body of a hair straightening brush are hot when it’s on. One quick touch won’t probably scald your skin, but the long exposure to the heat might cause a burn so be careful!
- Consider purchasing an electric hair brush with ceramic or tourmaline heated plates as this technology is the best for your hair’s health and appearance.
So, a straightening brush is an easy and fast way to make your locks straight and beautiful. It is better than a flat iron because a hair straightener doesn’t damage it so much and don’t lessen its volume. It’s a perfect device to take traveling due to its small weight and size. I can go on, and on but I bet you get the idea 🙂
Ladies, and what about you? Have you ever used a hair straightening brush? If so, do you like it or not and why? If you haven’t had a straightening brush yet, would you try to use one?
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: Out of stock
- Price: Out of stock
Feel free to leave your comments below!